Our Inspection Packages
We offer three exclusive Home Inspection Packages that allow you to select the range of services you prefer, so you can have peace of mind about buying the home you love. Your report is printed and delivered at the time of the inspection, so there’s no waiting for results. You’ll also have online access to your report anytime.
Pre-Purchase Inspections for Buyers
The professional home inspector visually examines the readily accessible systems and components of a home and operates those systems and components utilizing industry Standards of Practice. Areas to be inspected include:
- Property & Site
- Exterior & Garage
- Roof & Attic
- Basement/Crawl Space Structure
- Heating/Cooling Systems
- Plumbing Systems
- Electrical Systems
- All Bathrooms and Fixtures
- All Kitchen(s) and Built-in Appliances
- All Interior Living Spaces
Upon completion of the inspection, a computerized Inspection Report with digital pictures is printed on site and presented in a Pillar To Post® Inspection Report Binder which also includes a seasonal maintenance checklist, a home file system for important papers/receipts and additional resource materials.
Clients unable to attend the on-site inspection can have the report forwarded to them by the internet the same day. After reviewing the report thoroughly, the client can then contact their Pillar To Post Inspector by phone or e-mail to discuss any questions they may have.
“Ready for Sale” / Pre-Listing Inspections for Sellers
The Pillar To Post Ready For Sale home inspection will give you a competitive advantage in today’s tough real estate marketplace. It allows you to obtain a valuable evaluation of the condition of the major systems and components in your home. And your home may sell faster and for more money!
- Detect previously unknown problems or potential upgrades that you may wish to address prior to selling your home.
- Being aware of issues in advance will also allow for full disclosure of any items.
- If you choose, you can fix these items and present the contractor paperwork to a potential buyer. This takes it off the table during negotiations.
- Every dollar of repairs identified during a “buyer’s inspection” is doubled as a point of negotiation in price reduction to you the seller!
- Build trust with potential buyers, they know you are motivated and have prepared your home to sell.
What is Provided?
A regular full inspection (see above for details) at our regular inspection price but with the following added features:
- A Report Commentary for sales purposes which includes a Pre-Listing Preamble and general overview of the home and its current condition.
- A colour Photo Section with additional views of the home and some of its better features.
- Fully e-mailable to clients around the world.
- For sales marketing, the Report Commentary together with the Photo Library inserted in a Pillar To Post Marketing Binder to form the “Inspection Feature Sheet”. (**There is an additional charge for feature sheets.)
We want the opportunity to work with you. Call our office with questions or to schedule your Ready For Sale Inspection Today!
New Construction Inspections
This type of inspection is a visual examination of all accessible areas of a residential dwelling by a licensed, qualified, professional home inspector at various points during construction or near the end of construction and is designed to identify observed material defects in the major component groups. We typically recommend a pre-drywall inspection be combined with a follow up inspection once construction is complete. The pre-drywall report enables the early identification of needed corrective measures for any material defects or construction irregularities. Upon completion of the final inspection, a computerized Inspection Report with digital pictures is printed on site, and inserted into the Pillar To Post® inspection report binder.